Miriam Beth Lyman Christiansen
December 13, 1929 - March 21, 2009
December 13, 1929 - March 21, 2009
Last Saturday morning my mom called to tell me that Grandma Christiansen had passed away. So I spent my spring break in Utah going to a funeral. She's been really sick so it's good to know that she's not suffering anymore, but we will all miss her.
I was doing fine at the funeral until they told us to say our last farewells and I saw my grandpa bend over and kiss grandma in her coffin. Then I started to cry. It's going to be hard for grandpa after being with her for so many years.
Ben waiting to do his job as a pallbearer. You can tell it was windy because of the flag.
All the pallbearers and honorary pallbearers
Carrying the casket
Mom next to the casket
Grandpa at the grave dedication. It was very short and sweet because of the weather.
Ben and Grandpa after the funeral at the family luncheon
WE LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!
6 comments:
You got some good pictures!
Mary Ann, I was going to say that exact same line. That is so funny. I do wish I had taken more pictures.
I was going to say the exact same thing! Ha ha. It's fun to see the pictures.
I have some more - not a ton, but do you want them?
I posted some as well. Believe it or not I updated!
I just noticed you spelled Grandma's name wrong. Mariam is the correct way. FYI
Post a Comment