Sunday, February 08, 2009

Kitchen Update

I guess with everyone bugging me about doing an update, I'll do it, but I'm warning you, there's not much to show.

Our cabinets are scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, and I'm really excited for them to be here.

This is a picture of Jeff hanging out in the attic. We didn't plan on redoing the sheetrock on the ceiling but when we took the old cabinets down there were some loose boards in the attic that put big holes in the sheetrock. That is a PAIN to put sheetrock up on the ceiling. It took us a full day to get three pieces up.
Here is the wall that we have sheetrocked and mudded. Now we have to sand it down, re-mud and then somehow put texture on it and get it to match the rest of the walls.

We have a little bit more electrical work to do before we can put up the last of the sheetrock, and all that has to be done before we can put up the cabinets. I was hoping to have the walls done and painted before the cabinets were here, but it looks as though that's not going to happen. When you have people doing things for free, you have to do it on their schedule. Jeff's step-dad has done all our plumbing and electrical work and has offered to install the cabinets too.

What a great day it will be when it is all done.

2 comments:

Delene said...

Actually, it looks like progress! It always goes slow when you want it to hurry. It will be worth it when you're done.

Rose said...

It sounds like our house. It took us a lot longer than we thought, because we kept running into extra problems that we didn't know were there. It was worth it, though.