Monday, June 08, 2009

Our Yard

I was taking pictures of our yard for Ben so he can come put in our sprinkler system and decided to take some for my blog too. I really like our yard. There's a lot to do still....lots of weeds to pull but there is a ton of different flowers in the yard


I went to the nursery the other day to spend a gift card and saw this flower. Isn't it cool??!!A weird color of iris



I bought these at the nursery too. This one got knocked over in the wind/rain storm (they're not planted yet) and when I went outside today this is what it looked like. It started growing upwards.This is what it's supposed to look like.
There is a pretty barren part of our yard that get's covered in pine needles so it's hard to grow anything there. I decided to go and buy some nice pots and plant flowers in them. I found the pots for a really good deal so I got 3 of them. :) I love finding good deals.
A picture of the new garden. We haven't put the border on it yet, but it's planted.
I LOVE this iris. I've never seen one like it. There are a couple different bunches of them in the yard.
I like this little island area too. The hostas (sp) are HUGE!
I pruned this snowball bush and Jeff told me I destroyed it, but I think it looks good. Now you can actually see the big rosebush behind it....now we just have to wait for the rose bush to bloom.
A cool tree in the front of the house

8 comments:

Rose said...

Nice work, Tracie. I love the planters where the pine needles are. That's a great idea. And, I also love a good deal.

Mandy said...

You have a beautiful yard!!! I'm envious lol I love the pots you planted...very nice!

Grant and Christine said...

Beautiful, and big! It needs some kids running around in it, you should borrow a couple :) Can't wait to see the kitchen, get it done quick, please!!

Delene said...

You've got a great start! Keep up the good work!

Susan said...

Very pretty. I can even see Jeff in the background. :-) I don't think you destroyed the snowball bush. It looks great to me.

Kate said...

Looks so good & like great summer fun! It's times like these I envy home owners & gardeners!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Looks great!! I like to dig in the dirt too!

Dannel and Rhett said...

The tree with the white flowers is my fave. But it's all beautiful. How fun for ya!