The mighty five! Here we are, Janelle, Brooke, Gina, Lisa, and Me, ready to head out on our road trip. We left Thursday evening around 6:00 and went all the way down to St. George, Utah. We got there about 1:00 in the morning.

Friday morning we got up early and went to a session in the St. George temple. It was really nice. It's a beautiful temple. We then headed to Vegas.



This is kind of out of order, but we also drove down to Primm, Nevada on the border of Nevada and California to ride this awesome, AWESOME roller coaster. In 1996 it was the highest and fastest roller coaster in the US. It goes 90 miles/hr, and drops 225 ft. It was so high, and so awesome! Well worth the drive!!

We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner one day. It was really good. I broke my bet with Katie, and enjoyed every bite of my mixed berry crunch cheesecake. It was delicious! It was Lisa's birthday, so they put a candle on hers, and sang to her.

Gina had left over cheese cake for breakfast the next day!
Janelle hurt her ankle really bad when she went skydiving, so she was having a hard time getting around. I carried her on my back for a while, be soon I was tired, and her arms were tired from hanging on. So she was just going to sit and wait for us to finish our tour of the casinos. We didn't like that idea, so we went into the next casino, and borrowed a wheelchair. We found that people are really nice when they see people in wheelchairs. Three of us had the chance to go see Phantom of the Opera while we were there too. It was incredible!!! Worth every penny. It was like watching a movie. The scene changes were awesome. The music was outstanding and overall....I want to go again!!!
We spent Sunday night at the Belagio watching the water show. My favorite was the show to Viva Las Vegas. It was really neat.
We filled up with gas for $2.29 in Las Vegas. I had to take a picture so that everyone would believe me. It was awesome. Too bad they aren't that low anywhere else we had to fill up.
Pres. Monson came to speak at what we thought was a YSA activity at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway (where they have the Nascar races). It turns out it was really a scout jamboree of somesort. It was a good talk though. The odds were in our favor with regards to the boy/girl ratio......too bad they were all too young for any of us.
We also fit in a session at the Las Vegas Temple. Incredible. Very pretty!
What's Las Vegas if you don't eat at one of their many Buffets? We ate really well. It was good. We ate at the Fiesta Buffet in Henderson. The girl with the glasses is Melissa. We stayed at her house in Las Vegas. 
Lisa had some friends she used to work for that came to dinner with us at the Chessecake Factory. They invited us to come over to their house on Sunday for a BBQ. So we went. It was fun. They had a slot machine, pin ball machine, air hockey, and a pool table at their house. They made us Strawberry Daquaris (I have no idea how to spell that, but I'm sure you get the idea) They were super nice.Over all it was a way fun trip, and I didn't want to go back to work on Tuesday very much. Oh well, we have to be able to pay for these trips somehow.
5 comments:
Did you win any money on the slot machine?
sounds like you had fun....Your mother should not be encouraging gambeling
And I hope the daqurri was virgin.
Sounds like a fun trip. Phantom of the Opera is awesome. We saw it in New York and it was well worth the money. I don't think I would have liked the roller coaster, though.
Dang Trace, sounds like it was too much fun. You know I still have yet to grace Las Vegas with my presence, sad, isn't it?
Post a Comment