So we took a load to the dump. Took a trip to Home Depot so Dave could buy a tiller, went to a baptism, came home and Billy tilled my yard for me while me and Tish (Billy's sister) raked and leveled the ground. Then Dave went crazy with the grass spreader and spread my grass seed for me. Yep, that's right, my grass is planted!!!!! I'm so excited. Here are some pictures of my yard all cleaned up with grass planted!!!! :)
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Neighbors
So I had a pretty productive day today. It was actually pretty good weather so I decided to go work out in the yard. I wasn't the only one. My neighbors were also out working in their yards. I told my neighbor, Dave, he could have my left over brick squares from my front yard so he came over to haul those off. My neighbor Billy was out working in his yard and saw me tilling my ground with a shovel. He informed me that I could just rent a tiller...it would be a lot easier and faster. Yeah, I know that, but I don't have a truck. Billy: I do. I can help you haul off all that cement in your yard too. Me: You wouldn't mind? Billy: Give me 5 min. I'll be over there. Dave: Well, I want to buy a tiller, so I'll just come with and buy one, then you don't have to rent one. (Dave does not have a garden....not sure why he wanted to buy a tiller, but.....)
So we took a load to the dump. Took a trip to Home Depot so Dave could buy a tiller, went to a baptism, came home and Billy tilled my yard for me while me and Tish (Billy's sister) raked and leveled the ground. Then Dave went crazy with the grass spreader and spread my grass seed for me. Yep, that's right, my grass is planted!!!!! I'm so excited. Here are some pictures of my yard all cleaned up with grass planted!!!! :)
This is the garden area. I didn't plant grass here, so we didn't level it out, but it is ready to be planted now.
My clean yard. This picture doesn't do it justice. It really does look good compared to what it used to look like.
Flowers blooming in the front flowerbed. I thought the bushes might come back this year.....looks like they're not going to. Darn. I guess I'll have to find something else to plant. I'm open for suggestions.
After we were done in my yard we went to Billy's yard and dug this flower bed. It used to be grass. We told Dave that next weekend we would work in his yard. We were all pretty tired and hungry when we got done with this, so we decided to throw some patties on the grill and have a BBQ. It was really yummy.
This is a picture of my burger. It is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea of how good my burger was. mmmmmm......I'm ready for some good BBQ's Susan and Darren. We'll get one planned soon.
So we took a load to the dump. Took a trip to Home Depot so Dave could buy a tiller, went to a baptism, came home and Billy tilled my yard for me while me and Tish (Billy's sister) raked and leveled the ground. Then Dave went crazy with the grass spreader and spread my grass seed for me. Yep, that's right, my grass is planted!!!!! I'm so excited. Here are some pictures of my yard all cleaned up with grass planted!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The hamburger looked good. That's a fun way to end a day of hard work. Your neighbors are great people.
Isn't it great to have great neighbors. You should make them Bannana bread or something to say thanks.
You really do have great neighbors. Your yard looks awesome.
WOW! I'm so happy for you and your yard! It's really coming together! Hooray for wonderful neighbors. You got it made, chickadee! If I would've been here, I'd've totally helped out too!
Good on ya! I'm so glad you have good neighbors. Your yard looks great.
Good job! You'll have fun planting new things in your yard. Did you even know there were tulips there?
Tracie--we miss seeing you--guess we'll have to come up there and have Darren grill burgers/veggies for us!
Post a Comment