Sunday, April 08, 2007
Spring Break
This year for spring break I actually went on a trip!! It was tons of fun. My friends here in Idaho are all about planning trips....and actually taking them. It's awesome. We decided to go to Chicago and Nauvoo and Carthage.
This is a picture of us (Lisa, Trisha, Me, Brooke) on a wagon ride around Nauvoo. It took us out to "inspiration point". It is a place Joseph Smith used to always go to think. The spirit of Nauvoo was incredible. I still can't believe they built the whole city in 5 years. Especially because they had to build their own bricks, ship in the trees, and then cut it into whatever they needed. They couldn't just go to Home Depot or wherever to pick up their supplies. The faith of these people, and their ability to work hard amazes me.
This is the Nauvoo temple. I love how it sits up on a hill looking over the city. It was kind of overcast while we were there so you can't see how well it really stands out in this picture, but it is an immaculate building!
This is Carthage Jail, where Joseph Smith was martyred. He fell from the window on the second floor and landed next to the well outside. The spirit here was incredible. So many prophecies came to pass in this building.
This was a random cafe we passed. We were going to eat there, but didn't have time. It's the MOO MOO Cafe.
This is Brooke and I in the reflection Bubble in Chicago. It was so much fun. It took us several attempts to actually take this self portrait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Brings back memories from when I was in Nauvoo and Carthage. I really liked Carthage.
it's a cryin' shame i didn't go with y'all, eh? oh well...it'll all be worth it come august. only 4.5 months (from today, actually!) looks like a good time though...
That does sound like a lot of fun. Someday, I hope to go there, too.
I'm a little jealous. There are so many places I still need to visit.
Post a Comment