Sunday, January 04, 2009

My Christmas present

For Christmas I'm getting a new kitchen!! I'm really excited. It will be nice to have a kitchen with some counter space. This last week we have been doing demolition work every day. and I think we are all done now, and ready to rebuild the kitchen. first we have to re-wire the kitchen and move the plumbing for the sink to under the window. Jeff has done most of the work. I just do clean-up.


Before


Before


Jeff ripping up the floor


The other day we were downstairs and I felt a drop of water on my head. We camp upstairs to find that our fridge had been leaking water and it had leaked all the way through the floor. Good thing we were tearing up the floor. I'm glad we found it before we laid the new floor.


Jeff putting the first hole into the wall


Busting out the closet


Jeff hard at work - the top cabinets and the side walls gone .


The mess - we had to go buy a shop vac as well


A current view from the entry


The current state of my kitchen - We still have water, but no stove or microwave. Just the little toaster oven we got for our wedding. Thanks Lila!!

7 comments:

Delene said...

You could always barbeque out on your deck.....in the snow!

Susan said...

Can't you plug a microwave in somewhere else in the house?

Rose said...

Or....there's always eating out. Good excuse. I can't wait to see your pictures as you go.

Grant and Christine said...

Congratulations! I get a bigger kitchen too! We are renting a house and the kitchen is big enough I can fit our table IN it instead of in the living room! Holidays are twice as good being married, you have three families (you two, his fam and your fam) instead of one! Keep up the good work on the kitchen!

Kate said...

Nice!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

What a project!! I am excited to see your work!

Delene said...

No new update?