Most wards just do dinner and a visit from Santa for their Christmas parties. Not our ward. They had a huge production. Jeff and I were called to be on the activities committee so we got to help pull it off. Lucky for us, we didn't get called until after all the meetings were done. We just got told what to do without having to sit through the meetings. Jeff's job was making the banana trees. My job was sewing costumes for the people in the play and stage manager for the play.
It was a pretty neat party. All the ward members came dressed in costumes representing the time period of Zarahemla. We ate dinner (pulled pork in a pita) , and then had a play. The play consisted of each of the different prophets coming to testify to the people of Zarahemla of Christ's birth, and then at the end we saw the star in the sky to show that the Christ child had been born.
Here are some shots of the night.

Some of the decorations and the "townspeople's" blankets for a picnic. (Notice Jeff's trees)

My costume....you can't really see it. it's just a piece of fabric wrapped around me.

One of our neighbors.

Jeff's costume (His shirt says - Be nice to me or I'll sic my ninja monkeys on you) - He's kind of a party pooper when it comes time to dress up.
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot of work but fun. I'm glad you found your chord. I still can't find some things from our demolition.
Nice trees, Jeff. I don't see pictures of the costumes you were making, Tracie.
Wow, what a cool ward party. Sounds fun.
Post a Comment