So I don't have a picture for this post (I'm still waiting to have them developed). However, I do want to share a really amazing story. Here at
As always when something this big happens, it is going to be difficult to obtain tickets to get into the actual room where the event is happening. There were very few tickets being offered to students. They were to be available online on Thursday at 7:00 a.m. I really wanted a ticket, so I made sure I was logged in on time. However, the tickets were not posted. I tried for forty min. to find them, with no luck. I was very sad and disappointed at this time, but I had to go to work. I was going to call the ticket office at nine-thirty when they opened, but I got busy at work, and forgot. When I was leaving work to go to class, I remembered and decided to give it a try even though I was sure the tickets were gone by then. And sure enough, I was right. They told me they were sorry for my troubles, but that they were all out of tickets. Then the lady said "Why don't you give me your ID number, and if by chance a ticket comes through, you can have it. Don't tell anyone though, or you will lessen your chance of getting one. Don't plan on it happening, because chances are you won't get one. "
I hung up the phone disappointed again because I really wanted to go. I was depressed and bitter all day long because the tickets weren't posted when they were supposed to be. I just kept praying that somehow, somewhere a ticket would surface. When I got home and I checked my email there was an email from the ticket office saying that they had found another ticket, and they had it reserved under my name in the ticket office. I am so happy!!
I went and picked up my ticket today and thanked the people there for saving me that ticket. It could have been saved for anyone, but they chose me. This just shows once again that my Heavenly Father loves me. He knew that I really wanted to go to the inauguration and He made it possible. I am very blessed.
Friday, October 07, 2005
Miracles Happen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment