Saturday, June 10, 2006

Teton Dam Marathon



Last year Susan and I decided that we were going to run in a 5K some day. We watched our friend Kristi come into the finish line of a triathlon, and decided we were going to take up running too. So today we finally did it. We ran the 5K in the Teton Dam Marathon here in Rexburg. We ran the actual course on Monday and timed ourselves. Today we shaved off 5 min. from our time on Monday. I ran it in 32:09, and Susan ran it in 31:44. Yes, Susan came in before me! She did awesome. I took some medication before the race, and I didn't run my best today. I don't know if it was the medicine or what, but I couldn't breath. I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just saying...it was a tough race for me today. I started out in front of Susan, but she came up from behind, and was in front of me for the rest of the race. GO SUSAN!! Here are some pictures from the race. Darren has the best pictures on his camera, so I'll post them just as soon as he gets back from photographing. I want to be a volunteer next year so I can have one of their shirts. They're pretty awesome. We went back after the race and took a picture of the Dam Finish.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

You guys rock. The phrase "I want to run a 5k" doesn't exist inside of me. :)

Susan said...

But when you see runners come across the finish line and everyone is cheering them on it kind of makes you want to be one of them.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would make it through the race alive, but I sure would like to be one of those Dam Volunteers so I could have a shirt too! We could wear our shirts and everyone would say "Look at those dam volunteers".
Anyway, you two are awesome. Congrats on the finish.

Sierra said...

Way to go Tracie and Susan! Your guys rock! I would never voluntarilly run that far.

Anonymous said...

Aren't sisters wonderful!! I'm mightily impressed!

Katie said...

I love that shirt the guys wearing... it makes me laugh... You're my hero! i wish i could have been there to run with you... NEXT time i will!!

Anonymous said...

Great JOB! I'm proud of you!

MOM