Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Date Nights


The other night, Katie and I went out on a date. We went to Guitars Unplugged, and then went to a dance after. It was a lot of fun. We definately got our workout for the day. Darren was a little disapointed in us though for not getting any action at the dance.


Me and Francisco (from Mexico)

Then the next night we went to the opening ceremony for the Dance Festival. It was a lot of fun seeing all the teams perform. I was a little disapointed with the USA team, they had a lady playing the flute. Oh well. The other teams were awesome!! Canada, Republic of Georgia, Mexico, Panama, Romania, South Korea, Tahiti, and USA were all represented. This Friday and Saturday is the gala performance. We're going to try and make it to that too.
At the end of the ceremony, there was an awesome firework show and a dance. It was fun dancing with all the people from the other countries. Of course I spent most of my time with Mexico and Panama. It was fun teaching them the country line dances. They loved it!
During the grand finale of the firework show the field they were shooting the fireworks from started on fire. It was a pretty good fire, although I don't think too much damage was done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracie, what a hot date you had.... You're hot too. :)

Susan said...

The fire that was started from the fireworks actually lasted until the next morning. The firetruck had to stay with it all night. I read that in the paper.