Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday

For some reason, my family has a tradition for the girls to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. The stores are packed, and we get up SUPER early to be sure and hit ALL of the good sales. We each usually find a few Christmas gifts, but normally end up spending more money on ourselves than anyone else. We used to go together with my mom and all of her sisters, but our party was getting way too big, so we decided to go our own ways and then just meet up for lunch. We ran into the the other half of the party at Shopko. As you can see in the picture, we don't get much done when we're all together.
It was a VERY LONG day. The kids we had with us were troopers. They were so good. However, by the end of the day they were tuckered out. If I'm being totally honest, so was I, I just couldn't get away with napping like they did. I don't fit into the shopping carts.

I was carrying Heather around and she fell asleep. It didn't take long before I had to put her down becuase she got too heavy. I didn't have anywhere to put her, so I just dropped her in the cart. She didn't budge. She slept with her feet up in the air for a good 30 min.I turned around after putting Heather down, and found Luke sleeping in the cart as well.
Cousin Jim (he didn't come shopping with us, just met up for lunch. He's smarter than us girls) and Mary Ann at lunch. You can see most of the rest of the party in the background.


More of the party at lunch.

2 comments:

Delene said...

It was great food, too!

Rose said...

It's one of my favorite days of the year.