This last weekend we had a fun branch activity. We went up to Victor, Idaho where one of the girls in my branch has a lodge(well her parents do anyway.) It was pretty boring until they pulled out the Kareoke machine. I was nominated to go first. I don't know why. It turns out that they couldn't get the kareoke machine to work, so they were just going to give up. I went and grabbed the mic., and started messing around with some of my friends. Next thing I know, they turned on the music and wanted me to sing for everyone. It was rather embarrassing. I made a total fool out of myself....but what's new? They put on "Leader of the Pack" And I"m sad to report, I couldn't remember the words. I used to sing that song all the time.
Fortunatley my friend Jamie came and bailed me out. We ended up singing a couple of different songs together because no one else would. Finally we got some of the boys to sing.
This was my favorite thing hanging on the wall of the lodge.
Some of my new friends. Gina, me, and Brooke. We were cold, so we were snuggling on the couch. They built a fire for us, but it hadn't warmed up yet.I couldn't spend the night with them, so I rode up with one of the guys from the branch. We left at about 1:00, got home at 2:00am, and I had to be to the school at 5:30am for wrestling concessions my club was in charge of. So I went from 5:30am - 8:00 pm on three hours of sleep. I was exhausted when I finally got home. I sat down on the couch for a min. and then woke up at 10 am the next morning, just in time for church
4 comments:
I have a hard time with little sleep. That is a very hard thing to do. Good job on singing.
I am so dissappointed you can't remember our song for cleaning.
Sounds (no pun intended) like it was a lot of fun. Too bad I missed the singing, although...if I remember right there was once a time when I had a little kareoke party of my own.
Well, well. I didn't think you'd ever forget that song! What other songs did you sing?
Post a Comment