Saturday, August 18, 2007

Costa Rica Here I Come!!

Today is a great day! I just booked my flight to Costa Rica for only $560. We will be there for Christmas. That should be fun!! I'm pretty happy about that price, especially since that's the same price I would be paying to go anywhere in the US.
I've been looking on the internet for things to do. Here's a list of some things I found.
Birding (Sorry Darren, probably won't do much of that)
Wildlife watching
Surfing
Hiking
Snorkeling
Chocolate Tours
Caving
Canyoneering
Coffee tours
Turtle tours
Bungee Jumping
Canopy tours
Hot Air balloons
Parasailing
Dolphins and Whales
Fishing
Volcanos

Festivals going on while we will be there.
Festejos Populares (Year-end Festivals)

-Zapote, San José, Dec 25-31 ( Last week of December )

Bullfights, carnival rides, games and local food vendors are located on the Zapote fairgrounds.


El Tope and Carnival
-San José, Dec. 26

The tope is a Costa Rican tradition, and San José's parade of horses is the country's largest and most popular. With both horses and riders elaborately decorated, the parade moves along the Paseo Colon to Avenida 2. A lively celebration follows with music, food, costume contests and dancing.


Carnival
-San José, Dec 27

Downtown San Jose hosts a huge parade with incredible music, dancing and floats.


Nationwide Christmas Celebrations

Costa Ricans begin Christmas celebrations in early December. This holiday is a family affair, with gift giving and prayers at home. Families and local businesses put up Portales, or nativity scenes and traditional foods, such as Tamales and Rompope (eggnog) are enjoyed.

Las Posadas
-Nationwide, Begins December 15 Christmas carolers travel from home to home in a re-enactment of Joseph and Mary's search for a place to stay.


Lots of bugs there!
And much more. To see more info, go to:

http://www.costarica.com

Here's some pictures for you to enjoy!





12 comments:

the ginabean said...

Well, well, lookey here, you don't have to be so jealous of my Scotland trip, as you've got a pretty awesome trip in your future. I'm glad for you! Can't wait to see your pics when you're back!

Delene said...

I can't wait! I'm going, too!

Darren Clark said...

I want to go.

Delene said...

Darren, you can book your tickets and come with! I'll send you an itinerary!

Susan said...

My question is, is Andy going to be able to do all of those fantastic things without being released? Do the turtle tour.

Tracie said...

Just because Andy can't doesn't mean I can't!! Katie Grinder is coming too, and we're going to try and find a place and go latin dancing. I'm pretty sure Andy won't be able to do that!

Rose said...

I highly suggest snorkeling and the canopy tour. We did those in Puerto Vallarta and they were a lot of fun. I think Costa Rica would be prettier than Puerto Vallarta. I'm jealous. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

The parade of horses shound good--the bull fights no so much!!! Good for you, Tracie!

Anonymous said...

Should have re-read my comment before posting...sounds like I had too little sleep over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

That will be so much fun!! Bring me back a chocolate.

JEFE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hope you have a good time, maybe I'll be healthy enough to join you later