Monday, June 09, 2008

Idaho Family Reunion

Susan and I weren't able to make it to the family reunion last weekend, so we had a reunion of our own. It was mostly because Bath and Body Works was having a great sale we wanted to hit and we thought while they were in town we should it the zoo. It was kind of chilly to start with, but it warmed up before the day was over. It was nice because there weren't many people there, but because of the cold temperatures some of the animals weren't out yet. So I guess we will have to go again. Anytime you all want to come up this way we can plan another trip to the zoo. :)

I love this picture. It shows a lot of their different personalities.
A family photo
Jacob trying to pet the donkey. He was the only one brave enough.
We got to the petting zoo just in time. They have specific hours they let kids in to be with the animals. They got to comb them and everything.
Ethan like the ones that were sitting best.

The Wallaby's were really close to us. It was cool watching them jump all over the place.
Watching the wallaby's.
The otters were fun to watch. The one kept swimming right in front of the boys. As you can see the younger boys were enjoying the otters.....Kevin was more interested in posing for the camera.
Jacob loved the monkeys.
We even got to watch them feed the penguins. The boys loved watching them fight over the fish.


After the zoo we went and explored a new playground they put in at the park. It was a lot of fun. I probably had as much fun as the boys did. Jake didn't want to leave.


These little chairs were way fun. They make you sick though. They spin around pretty fast.
Three of us on the slide. I had to force Jake to go down this one. But when we got down, he said "I wanna do that again!" I don't think he ever did though. He liked the spiral slide.
Ethan liked the chairs as long as we didn't spin them too fast.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I like Jakes look in the first picture!

Rose said...

Remind me to tell you a story about monkeys and the Hogle Zoo. I've never thought of monkeys the same since. Our elementary school has those spinny things on their playground, and my kids love them. And, I really like the slide you guys were on. It's cool.

Andy Bartholomew said...

Jake seems to be the bravest boy of them all.

Delene said...

Sounds like a fun family reunion!!!

Delene said...

I noticed you changed your picture to a Costa Rica picture!!!