Monday, August 24, 2009

Nashville

Right after the funeral I packed up my car and drove down to Salt Lake to catch a flight to Nashville for the National FCCLA convention. I had a group of students take first place at the state competition so I HAD to take them to Nashville. :) It was a lot of fun.

My students did really well in their competition. I was a little disappointed that they didn't award first second and third place at the competition. They said it wasn't about winning.....
My kids did earn a gold medal though, which is the highest you could get.

We got to eat at a really cool restaurant call The Aquarium. The walls of the restaurant are aquariums.
Erin in the restaurant

And we also ate at the Rainforest Cafe...where there was a zebra head sticking out of the wall right above our tableOur hotel was AMAZING! We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
There is a river with boat rides in the middle of the hotel.

This was the view from our hotel room
another view from my room.....yes, that's a waterfall. We slept with our balcony door open so we could listen to the water while we slept.
It is just like a city inside of a building. These buildings are all of the different shops.We also got to spend some time at the beach. They have a big lake close by with a water park on the shore of the lake. It was fun. We got to take canoes out on the lake and row around for a while. This is Erin, the other advisor, after the beach.
Our last night there, we attended a huge gala where there was a huge dance. There were about 5,000 people there. The floor was bouncing up and down while everyone danced.
Me showing the kids my moves.

Of course Elvis was there as well........he's gained some weight over the years.

3 comments:

the ginabean said...

That's the fattest Elvis I've ever seen...

Rose said...

The trip looks fun, but Elvis sure has put on some weight.

Sierra said...

Tracie, Tracie, Tracie. You have all the fun, and you somehow manage to update your blog a lot. Wish I could say the same. But then again, I've started two other blogs and update them (well, at least one of them) a lot more frequently. Keep up the momentum!