Sunday, September 20, 2009

San Diego

I just realized that I never posted pictures from our San Diego trip. Right after I got back from Nashville, we packed up and drove down to San Diego stopping to pick up Mom and Ben on the way. It was tons of fun. I had never been there before so it was nice to have the opportunity. Jeff was our main photographer, but I did manage to take a few on my camera.


The San Diego horizon. I love all the boats on the water.


SEA WORLD

This is an ice wall at the Arctic exhibit. It was so cold, I could only touch it for a few seconds, but Jeff left his hand there long enough to melt his hand print into the wall.
Here is one of the Polar Bears in the Arctic exhibit


I don't think I had ever seen a walrus before. They are HUGE!!!! It was cool just to watch it move in the water and see it's blubber wiggle all around.

I swear I took some of us waiting for the Shamu show, but I must have used someone else's camera.

SAN DIEGO ZOO

Here we are in front of the famous San Diego Zoo. It was a really nice zoo. Most of it is in shade, and the zoo is so big they have buses to take you around.
Mom and Jeff on the bus at the zoo.


cute couple!!

SAN DIEGO TEMPLE


We didn't get to attend the temple while we were there, but it was AMAZING even from the outside. They had missionaries walking around outside showing people pictures of the inside. Next time I go to San Diego....I'm going inside.

DODGERS GAME

On the way home, we decided to stop in LA and watch a baseball game since the San Diego Padres were on the road while we were there.

Jeff and I in front of the field. We had some pretty good seats thanks to Ben and his Military discount!

Ben and Jeff from the top of the stadium. It was SUPER HOT that day. We had to keep going up to the refreshment area just to get out of the heat.

2 comments:

Melissa Giles said...

That's where we went on our honeymoon. The inside of the San Diego Temple is BEAUTIFUL! It will always be one of my favs! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I wanted to go to the zoo, but we didn't make it while we were there.

Rose said...

That's where we went on our honeymoon, too. The temple has become one of our favorites. You have to go inside to check out the Celestial Room. We would love to have a picture of that temple in our house some day.