Today, we spent most of the day traveling. We left Salt Lake in the dark, and we arrived in Boston just before dark. We arrived safely without any trouble.
We were scheduled to meet up with Kat's family for dinner at 6:30. They made reservations at Cafe Polonia, a polish restaurant. I've never eaten polish food before so that was fun. I ordered Kotlet Sobieski - a chicken breast with some sort of a breaded crust and a cucumber salad and a beet salad. The chicken was awesome, and so was the cucumber salad....the beet salad not so much. It had a very strong vinegary flavor.
While we were waiting for Kat's family to come pick us up, we found out it was only a 5 min. walk from the hotel so we decided to walk. IT WAS FREEZING!!! I haven't been that cold in a really long time. Even dad said the same thing. So after dinner we all walked over to Target, also near our hotel, and purchased scarfs, long underwear, and other warm items of clothing. On the way over to Target the wind was blowing so hard and cold it was giving us all headaches. The walk home was much nicer with our new purchases.
Here we are all bundled up. Ben, Susan, Darren, Dad, and me in the front
2 comments:
So, funny. When Dave and I went to New York City in November we froze, too. We had jackets, not winter coats, and my ears were always cold. I didn't think to pack stuff like that.
THANK YOU so much for sharing!! I will miss the fun, so thanks for letting me live through you blog style!! I need to see the UT reception too! Thanks!
Post a Comment