Sunday, June 10, 2007

A day at the zoo

Friday night I got a call from Lisa (My Personal Travel Agent) giving me the schedule for Saturday. This weekend she planned a trip to the zoo for our nephews. So I called Susan and asked her if she would be willing to let me borrow her kids for a few hours on Saturday so I could take them to the zoo. Amazingly enough she agreed. :) I offered to let her come with but she chose to enjoy her freedom. I think she just stayed at my place for a while, updated her blog, and then went shopping. A tough day for her.....she deserved it after running her 10 k.

We had lots of fun at the zoo. It was probably one of the best trips I've had because the weather was perfect and the animals were out and about instead of just lying around like they usually are. Here are some pictures of the day.

Here's the whole crew. (back) Me, Ethan, Brooke, Lisa, Nathan, (Front) Jacob, Easton, Kevin
Checking out the Otters. This is the first time I have seen them swimming around. They are usually just sun bathing. It was fun because they came right up to the window.
We made Ethan and Easton hold hands so they wouldn't keep running off. That was Brooke's idea. Worked like a charm too! (most of the time)
All the boys checking out the tigers. We got a really good look at the tigers. Jacob was afraid to get up and look at them he would only look at them like you see here in the picture. And there's a funny story that happened here too....
We were talking about how if they went in the pen, the tigers might eat them. Ethan said "I want the tiger to bite me in the neck. Brooke: Then you wouldn't have a head anymore. Tracie: Yeah, and there wouldn't be anymore Ethan. Ethan: (turning sharply and looking very seriously) Uh huh....TONS of them!!! Kevin: Well he would live for about 10 more seconds.

I guess it's one of those stories when you just had to be there, but it was really funny. There are tons of Ethans out there.


Kevin and Ethan putting their heads in the lions mouth

Kevin being attacked by the lion

Jacob, Easton (Brooke's Nephew), Kevin, Ethan checking out the flamingos
JacobEaston
Ethan
Kevin
Jacob and Ethan Feeding the birds.
I wish I would have had video on this shot. Brooke (standing in the background) gave each of the boys a quarter and let them throw food to the birds. Jacob LOVED that! He would throw a handful and the get really excited and start shaking his hands everywhere. It was funny.


After the zoo Lisa took us to her dads work and let the kids play with Igor - her dad's giant Iguana. Kevin was brave enough to feed it a few rose petals. Ethan wanted to feed it but he chose to stand back and try and throw the rose petals. I think this might have been their favorite part of the day.

5 comments:

the ginabean said...

Cute kids! Looks like you had a good time! Too bad my nephews live in UT...Next time, perhaps!

Rose said...

Come to Utah to get Gina's nephews and borrow my kids for a day, too. You're an awesome aunt, Tracie!

Delene said...

You must have a pretty awesome travel agent to think up such a great outing. Way to go!

Susan said...

Good job Tracie! I think you should involve your nephews in all of your travel plans.

the ginabean said...

one more thing...you might want to change lisa's nephew's name...it's Daniel, not Nathan. fyi...