Saturday, May 03, 2008

Havasupai Returns...finally

It's been a while since I promised them...but here you go.

The whole group getting ready to hike.

We walked through desert like you see here in this picture for about 8 miles. Only the first mile or so was steep. The rest was just a long walk in the hot sun. After the 8 miles we came to an indian village. I forgot to take pictures there, but we found the next two pictures a little after the village. A mud hut. I thin they just got done building this one. There is a frame for a second one right next to it.

What is an indian village without a Tee-pee? From the village it was another two miles to the campground. After a lot of desert, you come over a hill, and this is what you find. It is breathtaking. It is because of all the lime in the water that it such a pretty color.


About a mile or so after the campground you find this waterfall. It is a really high one. I didn't climb down to the water but some of my friends did. It was a really scary climb they say.They helicopter portapottys into the campground. They fill up fast!

Jeff has more pictures on his camera that I will try and get to post later. He has more pictures of us playing in the water and such.

4 comments:

Rose said...

What do they do with the mud hut? Do they live in there?

the ginabean said...

That was an AWESOME trip!

Susan said...

I did the scary climb down to the waterfall when I went. Darren even did it with his tripod. Brings back memories.

katie grinder said...

i love the picture of jeff with the waterfall. so beautiful...the waterfall of course! so fun.