Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving


This year we had a small Thanksgiving. The married siblings all alternate years in coming to our house. This was the off year. So there was just Mom, Dad, me, Ben, and Mary Ann and Jared (Jared's family lives too far away) I also invited my friend Liz from Connecticut to join in the festivities. It was a yummy dinner, and there was lot's left over. I was in charge of the rolls, and I'll admit, I was a little nervous. I'm a foods teacher, and I know how to cook a lot of things, but bread is my weakness. One of my co-workers gave me a new recipe to try, and it's magic!! I made my best rolls yet. They were soft and fluffy and tasty. Usually my rolls are hard and solid. These pictures don't do them justice, but I was sure proud of them. Dad and Mary Ann couldn't stay out of them before dinner. There were lots left over, but you wouldn't know it. Ben took a whole bag of them with him to Cedar, and when we got back from shopping on Friday, dad had finished off the rest. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make them again.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a yummy treat.

Delene said...

These were very good rolls. Tracie out did herself. Now she will get stuck making the rolls every time!

Rose said...

I would love to try some. Soft rolls are one of my weaknesses.

Carrie said...

Okay, well, now you need to post the recipe! :)