Monday, December 25, 2006

Crows


This morning dad came up the stairs with a gun in hand. When we asked him what he was doing, he said there were a bunch of crows out in the back yard that needed to be scared away. So he shot out a "bird shot" I think thats what they called it. Basically it was just a blank that makes lots of noise to scare away the birds.

Later on in the afternoon, he came upstairs with a bigger gun, and a real bullet, stood at the back door and shot again. I guess the first time didn't scare them away good enough. The second one sure gave me a scare. I was in the living room working on Ben's quilt, and all of a sudden heard this loud BANG!

It all reminds me of Steel Magnolias when the dad is out shooting the birds from the trees. Yes, my dad is a hillbilly!

3 comments:

Katie said...

"Daddy! It's TIME!"-Steel Magnolias...That's one of my favorite quotes. :)funny stuff. i wish i was there!

Rose said...

I think the dad in Steel Magnolias is cool. That must mean our dad is cool.

Mary Ann said...

I agree rose.....when I saw the title of "Crows" I thought to myself....BB Gun BB Gun BB Gun BB Gun. :)