Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 2

A few photos from todays work.
We had to take the sink and cupboards out today. That was a big task. It took us forever!! Dad tried to use is car jack to jack it up.....broke the jack...oops. I'm glad it was him though!! Finally I just lifted up with my buff muscles, and it started to come up, so with dad and I lifting together, we finally got it out! It was so heavy!!!! I think mom has pictures of us lifting the basin out to the truck. So you can check her blog up for future updates. I'm sure she'll put them up at some point.
This is where the sink used to be.
Here is the bathtub tipped over. It's way too heavy to lift, so we have to bring in some reinforcement. Once we get that out of the way we can tear up the floor.
The first hole into the floor. If the lights were on in the basement you would be able to see right through. Little by little we're getting the thing gutted out!!!

5 comments:

Delene said...

And we only found 1 dead mouse!

Tracie said...

That was funny!!! You should have seen mom! I can't believe I forgot to write about that!! Ha...I'm laughing as I write just thinking of her running across the room.

Carl and Pat said...

Tracie, you are something else tearing into that bathroom. You absolutely ROCK! Carl

Rose said...

You are awesome, Tracie. Great work!

Susan said...

Good work, Dad, too. It sounds like he put some effort into it too.