Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sewing Class

So I've started teaching sewing this semester. It's been a challenge. I've never taught sewing before, so deciding where to start and what exactly I want to teach has been a bit of a challenge. However, my mother inspired me with all of the rag quilts she made for the grandchildren. I decided it would be an easy enough project for my classes to do. It's all straight seems, and I can teach them how to use the rotary cutter, and teach them the importance of seam finishes. I'm making one out of these fabrics, to demo it for them. Then I stole one of my nephew's quilts to show them what one looks like when it's all done.
I decided while I was working on this project that as soon as my washer and dryer are paid for my next purchase will be a kitchen table and chairs. It has to be a table that doesn't shake all over the place when I sew. Right now the little card table I have just doesn't do the trick. It drives me crazy to sew on it. Plus it's tiny!

2 comments:

Rose said...

That sounds like a fun project. I would love to make one, but I don't need to, because my kids already have one.

Delene said...

Lucky you, Rose! Imagine that!