This summer I decided not to get a job. I decided instead to stay home and work on my yard and various other projects I have been wanting to do. Here are a couple pictures of some of them. Some of them are not finished yet.
This first one many of you may recognize as the old coffee table from mom and dad's house.
Before


After

There was a big crack in the top where the wood was warped. I was trying to figure out a way to fix it but then Ben had a genius idea to cut it into strips. I think it turned out great!

Another project I did was add another flower bed in my yard. I don't like the chain link fence, so I wanted to plant some tall plants to cover it up.
Before


After


I'm not sure what all I planted. I took some red flowers from Jeff's house and some columbine and daisies and a couple different kinds of flowers from my friend Kelsey's house. They kind of died out a little after the transplant, but they're coming back again. I'm excited to see them next spring. They are all perennials. It was nice because Jeff was taking out a flowerbed at his house so I didn't even have to buy my border... I just stole it from his house! :)
You've already seen the before picture of my next project, but I had to post it with the after picture so you could see the difference.
Before

After


I picked beans for the second time yesterday. I got probably half a grocery sack full off of only 25 plants or so. My garden is doing really well. It makes me really happy.

This isn't a before and after picture, but this was a bulb I found in my yard while digging around so I planted it and I'm sure glad I did. I think it might be my new favorite.
6 comments:
Good job on all that!
Wow, Tracie, you are awesome! That coffee table is amazing. I can't wait until we get our yard looking better. It takes so much time and money.
It really looks nice. And feels very comfortable, too!
WOW! I'm inviting you to my house next summer! I love the expanded garden plot, I rember the earlier post with you and the jack hammer but that after picture is even more impressive!
WOW that is a lot of work - It looks GREAT!!!!
Your house looks great. We were just at Lowe's today thinking it would be so fun to work on projects for a house. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!
Post a Comment