Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Bathroom #2

What would it be like to come home and not have a project to do?? I'm more than happy to help, because if I didn't, I would be bored out of my mind!! So this weeks project while I'm home for the holidays is to help with the remodeling of the upstairs bathroom. One disadvantage of having so many kids is that my parents spent all their money on us, and not on repairs to the house....however now that the kids are gone and they don't have us to spend their money on, they are starting to catch up on some much needed fix-ups!
The bathroom before I started...yes, that is duct tape around the faucet, and yes, the floor is rotting away.
A view from the front. The floor is pretty bad!!
Me doing some destruction. Don't worry, although I did enjoy a bit of chocolate this last weekend, I didn't gain that much weight. My work pants are just a little, okay a lot too big for me.
The bathroom after I got done with it today. My arms will be sore tomorrow. The hardest part was getting the tile off the wall. I almost made it all the way through without cutting myself too. However as soon as I thought about how far I had made it without cutting myself, I did just that. It hurt pretty bad, but my skin is pretty tough, so it didn't cut deep enough for stitches. It did bleed pretty bad though. That's when I went and found dad's gloves.

I still have to finish behind the toilet, but I got most of it done today. I'll post more pictures as we go along. I'm sad to say I won't be here to see it finished.

5 comments:

Delene said...

What a trooper! And many thanks!

Rose said...

Tracie, you'd better lay off all of that remodeling, or you will become Mom and Dad's favorite daughter.

Tracie said...

I already am their favorite daughter!

Susan said...

You stay there until it's done!

Katie said...

wow.. you're pretty awesome! go tracie go!