

Saturdays are always busy days. Well almost always. This Saturday we decided it was time to get the garden ready for planting. So we went and rented a tiller. I couldn't figure out how to make the handles go any higher. I honestly don't think there is a way, so I had to till bent over. Not so great for the back, but well worth it. The garden looks great!! Now we just need to plant it. Our friend Jon was nice enough to let us use his truck to haul the tiller back and forth to the rental place, so as payment we had to wash it. Even with my long arm I couldn't reach the top of the truck, so Susan had the brilliant idea to get the mop out. It worked great!! We decided to wash all of the other cars while we were at it. (Although you can't tell now, because they have a thick layer of yellow pollen all over them. My allergies are bad.) Then Darren came home from birding and felt left out on all the yard work, so He and Jon decided to pull the juniper bushes out in the front yard. I was helping dig out the dirt around the roots, and got a bunch of stickers down my pants. I started complaining of course, and said "Oh man! I got a bunch of crap down my pants! Kevin, seven years old, said, "I know what crap is!!" I assured him it wasn't that kind of crap. I was tired by the end of the day. And my body is sore today. Probably from fighting with the tiller.
No comments:
Post a Comment