Sunday, May 28, 2006

Home Repairs




Another busy Saturday at the Clarks! This time we took on a project that I started for them about three years ago. It's really a shame I don't have a picture of what the wall looked like before I started on it. It was checkerboard corkboard and mirrors. One weekend while Susan and Darren went out of town, I took the corkboard and mirror decor down for them. We didn't want people to actually think we liked it. And ever since then.....the wall has looked like what you see in the pictures. This weekend, Darren's parents came up and we got started on getting it fixed up. Darren's dad showed me all sorts of mudding tricks, and how to hang sheet rock. They were glad I didn't leave town this weekend as I had planned.
The other pictures are of me sporting my "home repair" outfit. I always wear these overalls when painting and such. Although ugly, they are fun...even though they're about 40 sizes too big for me. I always "accidently" get paint on them. It's a fun tradition. I should get a house of my own now!! Ha just kidding. That's not going to happen for a while....although it would be fun. It is still a work in progress, but the weekend is not over yet!! I'll post pictures when we're done!

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a cute handygirl! Good thing you live at our house.

Anonymous said...

Well, since you know how, now come and do my bathroom!

MOM

Tracie said...

I tried last time I was home and you wouldn't let me.

Anonymous said...

I make sure Tracie had the opportunity to experience it all. I loved working with her. She is fun. We kept telling her she was one of the "guys" and didn't have to clean up the mess when we were done. But she helped clean up anyway. A real trooper.